::welcome::

MAKEUP :: FASHION :: STYLE :: FUN

CLICK HERE TO JOIN ME ON YOUTUBE
CLICK HERE TO LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK

Monday, May 9, 2011

Basic Shoe Collection Part I

My good friend Sarah requested a shoe collection video (thanks Sar!). I called it a tutorial because it illustrates basic shoes that I feel can easily match with almost any outfit. I decided to break it into parts mainly because my camera died lol. But to my credit, I had already pre-categorized the shoes into flats, heels, and boots. So look out for the boots collection in Part II.

TIP: I keep my shoes basic, comfortable, and classic. I prefer to follow shoe trends only if I feel the trend will last. I usually wait one season to see if they will return. Gladiators and Uggs fall into this category so I've since purchased both. Otherwise I tend to throw in a trendy piece in my clothes instead, as that is usually a cheaper investment, and if the trend becomes totally obsolete then I'm not stuck wasting a pair of perfectly functional footwear. Comfort is of utmost importance to me when it comes to footwear because it can really add or detract from your overall well-being. Everything I'm showing you except the really high turquoise pumps are extremely comfortable.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Toms and the Gladiator shoes. I got a pair of the Gladiator style already and love them and will be getting another pair. I also am going to pick up some Toms today and LOVE that you mentioned the insoles because I am so paranoid about buying shoes like that and not wearing socks. What size are your feet out of curiousity??!!!

    Thank you so much for posting, can't wait to watch part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Sar! thanks for the request, girl!
    my feet are 7.5 but i do go up to an 8 depending on the shoe's fit. i'm finding lately that i'm wearing 8s more often than 7.5! :)

    ReplyDelete