::welcome::

MAKEUP :: FASHION :: STYLE :: FUN

CLICK HERE TO JOIN ME ON YOUTUBE
CLICK HERE TO LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Holy Grail Eyeliner: MAC FLUIDLINE GEL LINER

Now that summer is fast approaching, it's time for some makeup and style tips that will hold up against the heat. Owning a waterproof eyeliner that won't smudge under the sun or at the beach is a great start.


::MAC Fluidline Gel Liner in "Blacktrack"::



::THE HYPE::

You may already be familiar with MAC's popular Fluidline gel liner. But I had no idea how smudgeproof it is. Waterproof liners (pencil, gel, liquid) I'd been using till now would hold up all right...in varying degrees. But after an entire day out or a night of sweating at a club, each one would inevitably fade unattractively, crease into my eyeshadow, or melt into a set of dreaded raccoon eyes.

In contrast, MAC's Fluidline gel liners do not budge. You can even line your waterline with it and after it dries, it will remain intact. Not only do I have oily lids but I tend to sweat a lot in general, so if it works for me, it will definitely work for you.

Check this out. I brushed a little Fluidline onto the back of my hand.


I let it set for a second and then ran it under a constant stream of warm water for about 10 seconds.


The results? Absolutely NO change. Despite being saturated with water, the liner required a lot of rubbing for it to fade. Even so, I had to use makeup remover to wipe it off completely. (Note that this liner comes off very easily with makeup remover, so fear not its removal).



::HOW TO APPLY:


Super easy! Use any angled or pointed liner brush, dip it lightly into the product, and scrape off any excess. The liner is extremely smooth and glides very easily onto your lid so the steady hands of a surgeon is absolutely not a requirement. I also like its smooth texture because it won't tug on your lids and create premature sagging or wrinkles.

Use any of these liner brushes (bent pointed, stiff angled, stiff flat) depending on what works for you.


TIP: Just remember to cap the liner immediately after you're done to avoid drying it out.


::PURE MAGIC FOR CONTACT LENS WEARERS::

If you're like me and wear contacts, at some point in time you've gotten liner on your contacts halfway through your makeup application and had to rinse and replace them in your eye mid-application. (I'm blind without my contacts so I have no choice but to put my lenses back in before finishing my eye makeup). If this is you, then you'll also know that because you've rinsed out your contact, your eye becomes really wet. At this point, even a waterproof liner can end up smudging once you replace your lens, ruining all your hard work. With Fluidline, I've literally replaced a soggy lens THREE TIMES IN A ROW, and each time the liner stayed put as if it were freshly applied! This is really what makes it a holy grail product for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment