::welcome::

MAKEUP :: FASHION :: STYLE :: FUN

CLICK HERE TO JOIN ME ON YOUTUBE
CLICK HERE TO LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK

Monday, April 18, 2011

How to Find Your Personal Style

As you already know, Korean street styles is my ultimate inspiration. I definitely embody this particular look naturally, which may be why I'm attracted to it in the first place. But, chicken or egg is unimportant. I do know what I like and that's key when it comes to possessing a signature style. That being said, there was a time I wasn't sure about my personal style. So if that's your struggle, then I have some tips for you!


::Q: I DON'T KNOW MY PERSONAL STYLE/I'M STUCK IN A STYLE RUT::
If you're unsure about your own personal style, or want to find out what it is, try my trick: Save all the styles you see that you find attractive and that immediately draw your eye. Once you have a collection of about 10 - 20 pieces, look through them and you will start noticing some common features or key styles that the pics share. The rationale behind this is that it's near impossible to make the same comparison when you're glancing at random pics here and there, over time. But once you have a photo montage in front of you that you can sit down and carefully review, you will be able to visualize your preferred style almost instantaneously.

Conversely, when you don't know where to begin, it's equally important to examine what styles you absolutely abhor. Collect samples of pieces you find repulsive. Then take a closer look at exactly what you dislike about the style. This will help you filter out what doesn't work for you.


::Q: I LOVE A STYLE BUT I'M NOT SURE HOW TO EMULATE IT::
If there is already a style that inspires you but you're struggling to achieve it, I recommend doing visual research specifically on that style. YouTube and Google images of that particular style. Once your brain becomes saturated with the style in question, you will start to "think in that style". Not only will you start to understand what pieces are put together in which way to create the overall look, but you will train your brain to start doing the same when you pull outfits or go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment